Life in Telangana may come to a standstill on Tuesday with the Government conducting a massive household survey across the newly-formed State to ascertain comprehensive information on the citizens, an exercise which has attracted criticism from certain quarters.
The “Intensive Household Survey”, being compared with the General Elections in size, would cover an estimated 84 lakh families living in Telangana, involving about four lakh Government employees, including police personnel and teachers,
a press release issued earlier said.
Refuting allegations that the survey is aimed at identifying Seemandhra natives, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has said that the exercise is intended to ensure that benefits of Government schemes reached the targeted sections.
Public transport buses are expected to stay off the roads and Government has already declared a holiday today.
According to information reaching here, trains, buses and other modes of public transport are full to the brim with people leaving for their native places to get enrolled in the survey covering a dozen districts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Significantly, Telangana natives living in cities like Mumbai, Surat have also been travelling to their home places to participate in the massive process.
According to the “Check Slip” posted on the website of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), data is sought about the number of family members in a household, water tap connection, property tax assessment, LPG & electricity connections, bank account, Aadhaar card, caste certificate, birth certificate, disability, vehicles and land owned.
The enumerators have already made pre-survey visits to the households in the run up to the survey.
In a media release last evening, the Chief Minster appealed to the people to make the survey a success.
Observing the survey is being conducted for providing welfare schemes to the people and find out what they want, Rao asked citizens to give correct information to the enumerators.
Taking exception to certain critical comments made by Opposition TDP and BJP regarding the controversial survey, Rao had yesterday said the parties were raising a false alarm.
“The TRS Government wants to be target specific. It (the survey) is aimed at helping the people and the poor,” he had said.