Ten BJP workers and supporters of MP Gopinath Munde were on Sunday booked for allegedly thrashing a pilot of a helicopter after he refused to fly the sitting MP from Beed city to another place, police said.
According to police, Munde, who is seeking a fresh term, had come to the Police Grounds in the city on Thursday by a helicopter from Mumbai.
The BJP leader was supposed to go to Vida village in Kaij tehsil to address a rally where the villagers had made a helipad for Munde’s helicopter to land near the rally spot.
However, the helicopter’s pilot refused to fly from Beed to the rally spot in Vida village citing fuel shortage and other reasons.
A BJP youth leader, who was present at the spot, said Munde left the police grounds in a huff after the helicopter pilot refused to fly further and went to Vida village by a four-wheeler.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The supporters had told the pilot that he should have carried their ‘saheb’ to the rally spot. To which the pilot then apparently replied that he (Munde) might be ‘saheb’ for the supporters, not for him. The supporters were angered by this and three of them allegedly beat the pilot up.
Police Inspector Dharamsing Chavan had registered a complaint against Rajendra Bangar, Swapnil Galdhar, Pravin Ghuge and other accused, who have been booked under various sections of the IPC.