Rural Development Minister and senior BJP leader from Maharashtra Gopinath Munde died on Tuesday Morning in a road accident.
64-year-old Munde was on his way to airport when his car was hit by another vehicle at around 6:30 a.m. at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital, said Union Minster Nitin Gadkari.
He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him dead around 7:20, said Gadkari. Though Munde did not suffer any external injuries, he apparently suffered a shock in the impact of accident.
Munde asked for water from his security guard Nair who was sitting in front of the car and told him to take him to the hospital
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted,” Gopinath Munde ji was a true mass leader. Hailing from backward sections of society, he rose to great heights & tirelessly served people”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“My tributes to a dynamic leader whose premature demise leaves a void hard to fill.Condolences to Munde ji’s family. We stand by them in this hour of grief,” PM Modi tweets.
National flag will be flown at half mast in Delhi, state capitals and UTs on Tuesday as a mark of respect to Munde.