Rural Development Minister and senior BJP leader from Maharashtra Gopinath Munde died on Tuesday Morning in a road accident.
64-year-old Munde was on his way to airport when his car was hit by another vehicle at around 6:30 a.m. at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital, said Union Minster Nitin Gadkari.
He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him dead around 7:20, said Gadkari. Though Munde did not suffer any external injuries, he apparently suffered a shock in the impact of accident.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Munde asked for water from his security guard Nair who was sitting in front of the car and told him to take him to the hospital
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted,” Gopinath Munde ji was a true mass leader. Hailing from backward sections of society, he rose to great heights & tirelessly served people”.
“My tributes to a dynamic leader whose premature demise leaves a void hard to fill.Condolences to Munde ji’s family. We stand by them in this hour of grief,” PM Modi tweets.
National flag will be flown at half mast in Delhi, state capitals and UTs on Tuesday as a mark of respect to Munde.