Confident of getting majority to form government at the Centre, BJP on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of taking support from NCP.
“There is no possibility of NCP coming with NDA. We will not feel their need,” senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde said, responding to a query on whether NDA will take support of the Sharad Pawar-led outfit.
Munde, alongwith other senior leaders from the state, on Wednesday assessed the party’s performance in 24 seats it contested in the recently-concluded Lok Sabha elections. “This time our alliance (Mahayuti–alliance of five parties) will win more than 35 seats in Maharashtra. We have got this report from our party workers,” he claimed.
Stressing that he would take the responsibility entrusted to him by the next prime minister and by his party, if NDA formed the government, he said, “Ministry should not be sought, it is the right of the PM to allocate the berth. Our PM will take the decision on my role.”
Stating that there will be a Muslim minister at the Centre, the BJP leader, who contested the LS election from Beed, said he would recommend the name of Shahnawaz Hussain to the party.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He said he had asked his partymen to start preparations for the state Assembly polls slated later this year. “We will be fighting next elections (Assembly) under the banner of Mahayuti. There will be a joint coordination committee meeting of our alliance partners in the state after the Lok Sabha results are declared,” Munde said.
Taking a dig at the Congress-led Democratic Front government (in Maharashtra), he alleged that as many as 182 files of builders were cleared for monetary returns. “The money was transferred to Delhi for election purpose,” he alleged.
“Government should show us the list of the builders whose files were cleared and explain why it cleared them,” he demanded.