The late BJP leader Gopinath Munde had struggled within the party and even wanted to leave it, BJP MLC on Friday claimed in the Legislative Council.
“Munde faced struggles at every step. He was (once) about to leave BJP. I opposed it. He faced humiliation many times but dedicated his life to the party,” Phundkar said.
“Congress had offered him two ministerial posts at the Centre and the state,” Phundkar said after a resolution to mark Munde’s contribution was moved in the House by Maharashtra parliamentary affairs minister Harshwardhan Patil.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“There is a lot of confusion among people about the circumstances leading to his death. There should be a CBI probe into the matter,” said Phundkar, who became emotional while recounting his association with Munde going back to 1974.
Phundkar is a former leader of opposition in the legislative council.
Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh said he was for a high-level probe into Munde’s death. He informed the House that he would write to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan requesting such a probe.
Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, died due to shock and haemorrhage following injuries to his neck and liver in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.