Reffering to the Badaun gangrape-murder of two minor girls, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday claimed criminal cases of UP alone were being “purposely” publicised by “cunning people” and the “media”.
Citing law and order incidents of Bangalore, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, he asked the mediapersons to “google search” those incidents as well.
“An incident took place in Bangalore, did it come to national limelight? Cases are happening in Madhya Pradesh also. I came to know a Minister’s relative’s chain was snatched near her house. Even incidents took place in Rajasthan. But it is only those in UP that are purposely highlighted more and even more by cunning people.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Chief Minister also claimed to have taken all the possible steps in the Budaun rape case.
“When the Budaun case came to light, we took all possible steps and even recommended a CBI inquiry. While incidents take place in other states as well and you can google search the figures, but incidents in UP are highlighted more,” the CM said.
Meanwhile, a day after giving orders for 24-hour electricity supply to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s constituency Varanasi, Akhilesh asked the Centre to return the favour and lend electricity to UP for at least a year in the name of the the BJP’s “big victory” in the state.
“They (BJP) have got so many MPs and even the Prime Minister’s seat is here. So, they should lend us electricity for at least a year and we would return it to them in 2016,” he said after the state cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
He said when the the state government fulfilled the wish of the BJP MLA sitting on fast for uniterrupted power supply to Varanasi, the central government, too, should consider giving electricity to the state, at least in accordance with the set quota.