Giving credit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and “good governance” in BJP-ruled states for the party’s electoral victory in the Lok Sabha elections, party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the kind of faith people reposed on it could not have been possible otherwise.
“Had it not been good governance provided by our party-run state governments and had we not have a popular leader like Narendra Modi then we would not have achieved this tremendous electoral results. Probably, the kind of faith people reposed on us could not have been possible,” Singh said.
The Home Minister was speaking at a function to pay tribute to Bhartiya Jana Sangh founder Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his birth anniversary and also launching the “join BJP” online membership drive.
The function was also attended by party veteran L K Advani.
Describing the people’s response towards the party in the elections as “very good”, he said, “After observing the performances of various BJP-run state governments, people realised that if any political party can give good governance and development-oriented government then it is BJP. So we got a clear majority at the Centre.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Singh also mentioned the contribution of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Advani and said “the duo have contributed to take BJP to this height.”
On the occasion, Singh also remembered veteran party leaders Kushabhau Thakre, Deen Dayal Upadhaya and others for sacrificing their lives for the party.