Giving credit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and “good governance” in BJP-ruled states for the party’s electoral victory in the Lok Sabha elections, party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the kind of faith people reposed on it could not have been possible otherwise.
“Had it not been good governance provided by our party-run state governments and had we not have a popular leader like Narendra Modi then we would not have achieved this tremendous electoral results. Probably, the kind of faith people reposed on us could not have been possible,” Singh said.
The Home Minister was speaking at a function to pay tribute to Bhartiya Jana Sangh founder Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his birth anniversary and also launching the “join BJP” online membership drive.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The function was also attended by party veteran L K Advani.
Describing the people’s response towards the party in the elections as “very good”, he said, “After observing the performances of various BJP-run state governments, people realised that if any political party can give good governance and development-oriented government then it is BJP. So we got a clear majority at the Centre.”
Singh also mentioned the contribution of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Advani and said “the duo have contributed to take BJP to this height.”
On the occasion, Singh also remembered veteran party leaders Kushabhau Thakre, Deen Dayal Upadhaya and others for sacrificing their lives for the party.