After several rounds of discussions with different levels of party leaders here since Monday, senior Congress leader and AICC observer Mallikarjun Kharge left Guwahati Tuesday. The party high command would decide Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi’s fate, he said before leaving.
“I have met MLAs, MPs, former MPs, DCC presidents and APCC office-bearers. Each of them has given me individual opinion, which I will place before the party high command. It is for the high command to take a decision, which all will have to follow in order to strengthen the party,” Kharge said.
He did not say anything on the issue of Gogoi’s removal as CM.
Gogoi himself, after a nearly hour-long closed-door meeting with Kharge, however, said a section of Congressmen did demand his removal. “Yes, some people want that the leadership should be changed. But ultimately, the decision will be taken by the high command,” he said. Gogoi said he was not aware what Kharge would say in his report.
The Congress has 78 legislators in Assam, of which the anti-Gogoi camp claims to have 45 on its side.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest