Controversial Goa minister Sudin Dhavalikar on Saturday came out in support of his colleague and Cooperation minister Dipak Dhavalikar, who had said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will develop India into a Hindu nation.
“What he said was his personal opinion but I also agree with what he says. By mentioning Hindu he was not referring to any religion but people living in India. Don’t you want India to be developed country ? Don’t you want people in this country to be virtuous ?” Sudin, who is also brother of Dipak, said.
While speaking in Goa assembly on a motion congratulating Modi on BJP’s electoral victory, Dipak on Thursday had said,”I am confident that under the leadership of Modi, India will develop into a Hindu nation. Prime Minister will work in this regard is what I feel.”
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Both Dhavalikar brothers — Sudin and Dipak — belonging to Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party, an ally of BJP, are ministers in the Manohar Parrikar government.
Earlier in July, Sudin who is state’s transport minister, had kicked up a row when he said that wearing bikinis should be banned on Goa’s beaches. He had, however, withdrawn his comments after it provoked outrage.