Controversial Goa minister Sudin Dhavalikar on Saturday came out in support of his colleague and Cooperation minister Dipak Dhavalikar, who had said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will develop India into a Hindu nation.
“What he said was his personal opinion but I also agree with what he says. By mentioning Hindu he was not referring to any religion but people living in India. Don’t you want India to be developed country ? Don’t you want people in this country to be virtuous ?” Sudin, who is also brother of Dipak, said.
While speaking in Goa assembly on a motion congratulating Modi on BJP’s electoral victory, Dipak on Thursday had said,”I am confident that under the leadership of Modi, India will develop into a Hindu nation. Prime Minister will work in this regard is what I feel.”
Both Dhavalikar brothers — Sudin and Dipak — belonging to Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party, an ally of BJP, are ministers in the Manohar Parrikar government.
Earlier in July, Sudin who is state’s transport minister, had kicked up a row when he said that wearing bikinis should be banned on Goa’s beaches. He had, however, withdrawn his comments after it provoked outrage.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More