Parrikar who was here today to campaign for the BJP said that he had conveyed his opposition to national leadership of the party without specifying his name.
The development came shortly after Muthalik, who was linked with an attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009, joined the BJP today in Hubli, Karnataka.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Muthalik was welcomed into the party in the presence of Karnataka BJP president Prahalad Joshi, former Karnataka chief minister Jagadish Shettar and former Karnataka deputy chief minister K S Eshwarappa at a formal ceremony in Hubli.
The hardcore Hindutva leader faces several cases, including one relating to promoting enmity between two communities.
Later, Muthalik told reporters, that he had joined the BJP to ensure that Narendra Modi becomes the country’s next Prime Minister.
BJP leaders also feel his entry would benefit the BJP in other parts of the Dharwad district as well as neighbouring districts.
He has had a love-hate relation with the BJP, since the saffron party had accused him of misusing Modi’s name to raise funds.
He joined the RSS in 1975 and the Shiv Sena in 2005, but left the latter in 2006.
This is the first time he is officially being associated with the BJP.