Parrikar who was here today to campaign for the BJP said that he had conveyed his opposition to national leadership of the party without specifying his name.
The development came shortly after Muthalik, who was linked with an attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009, joined the BJP today in Hubli, Karnataka.
Muthalik was welcomed into the party in the presence of Karnataka BJP president Prahalad Joshi, former Karnataka chief minister Jagadish Shettar and former Karnataka deputy chief minister K S Eshwarappa at a formal ceremony in Hubli.
The hardcore Hindutva leader faces several cases, including one relating to promoting enmity between two communities.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Later, Muthalik told reporters, that he had joined the BJP to ensure that Narendra Modi becomes the country’s next Prime Minister.
BJP leaders also feel his entry would benefit the BJP in other parts of the Dharwad district as well as neighbouring districts.
He has had a love-hate relation with the BJP, since the saffron party had accused him of misusing Modi’s name to raise funds.
He joined the RSS in 1975 and the Shiv Sena in 2005, but left the latter in 2006.
This is the first time he is officially being associated with the BJP.