A day after polling, SAD candidate at Ferozepur Sher Singh Ghubaya Thursday assured his party president Sukhbir Badal that will defeat his main rival, Congress’ Sunil Jakhar, by over a lakh votes.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal chaired a meeting at Badal village in Mukstar to take stock of the party’s performance. “The meeting was held to discuss voting trends and the SAD-BJP’s position in Ferozepur.
I told our party president very confidently that victory will be ours and that I will defeat Jakhar by more than 1 lakh votes,” Ghubaya told The Indian Express.
On anti-incumbency against the SAD-BJP alliance and the problem of floods in border villages which have not been solved even after 16 years of Akali rule in Ferozepur, he said: “I know there is a drinking water problem in Ferozepur but 80 per cent villages have RO systems and the remaining 20 per cent will also get them soon”.
He added that AAP candidate Kamboj will manage not more than 10,000 votes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, voter turnout in Ferozepur increased by 1.35 per cent compared to 2009 Lok Sabha polls. While 71.4 per cent voted in 2009, it increased to 72.75 per cent during polling on Wednesday.