As Priyanka Gandhi raked up the ‘snoopgate’ issue against Narendra Modi, BJP on Thursday hit back saying her remarks suggesting there should be no personal attacks meant that Gandhis are entitled to “stoop to any level” but others cannot target them.
“Sound bites for convenience rather than out of conviction seem to be Gandhi-Vadra strategy. I thought that Mrs Vadra made a good point when she suggested that no personal attacks should be made. In the very next breath, she raked up “snoopgate”. What she probably meant that no personal attacks against the Gandhis but the Gandhis are entitled to stoop to any level,” BJP leader Arun Jaitley said in an article. Jaitley, who is the BJP candidate from Amritsar, said he was not in the holy city for conventional political activity but one which was more issue oriented and less personality oriented.
“I am not here for the conventional political activity. I am here to make a difference…Amritsar requires a different kind of politics. It should be increasingly become more issue oriented and less personality oriented. It is only then that the people here can collectively make a difference,” he said.
Jaitley also shared his vision for Amritsar, which was a clean city with broad roads, flyovers, elevated bus corridor, proper sewage and drainage system, public transport system, educational institutions and one with modern industries at the outskirts and buzzing with trade. He said he visualised it as a primary tourism circuit where tourism infrastructure like restaurants, guest houses, hotels, dhabas are extensive, besides a world class sports complex, an amusement park, a walking bazaar where handicrafts are sold and a food street where people arrive from all over to enjoy the delicacies of Punjab.
“I can foresee the highway to Attari, buzzing with warehouses, offices and hotels which become the centre of border trade. I visualise a drug free Amritsar where the drug smuggling across the border is handled as strictly as the terrorist infiltration. I visualise Amritsar as safe city where there is zero tolerance for crimes against women,” Jaitley said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said for all this to happen, investment is required and “I have decided to dedicate myself for this purpose.” The leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha also hit out his rival Amarinder Singh for accusing him of being inaccessible as his website is shut.
“Sorry, Captain, my website has only been temporarily hacked. I am still available on the Facebook and the Twitter,” he said after his website was hacked three days ago. He also attacked the Congress for alleging that his lawyer friend Mukul Rohatgi, a senior advocate of Supreme Court, has appeared in some riot case, saying he cannot be held responsible for the actions of Mukul’s clients, who include Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati, Chidambaram, Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, the Badals and even Capt Amarinder’s family members.