Congress leader Manish Tewari has tendered an unconditional apology to Nitin Gadkari in connection with his charge against him in the Adarsh housing scam, following which the BJP leader withdrew a defamation case against him.
“Tewari has tendered an apology after which Gadkari has withdrawn the defamation case,” Gadkari’s lawyer Rameshwar Gite said.’
In a letter to Gadkari, Tewari said, “I understand that by such statements, you have to suffer huge disrepute and have to face an uncomfortable situation within the party and the society. Therefore, by this communication, I tender my unconditional apology for the allegations made against you.”
Tewari also said that in the future, he would not make any comments against Gadkari with regards to the Adarsh Society. Tewari also requested Gadkari to withdraw the case filed in the local magistrate’s court.
Gadkari filed the case in December, 2010 when Tiwari, as Congress spokesperson, had accused him of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The local court had taken cognizance of Gadkari’s complaint last month.