Congress leader Manish Tewari has tendered an unconditional apology to Nitin Gadkari in connection with his charge against him in the Adarsh housing scam, following which the BJP leader withdrew a defamation case against him.
“Tewari has tendered an apology after which Gadkari has withdrawn the defamation case,” Gadkari’s lawyer Rameshwar Gite said.’
In a letter to Gadkari, Tewari said, “I understand that by such statements, you have to suffer huge disrepute and have to face an uncomfortable situation within the party and the society. Therefore, by this communication, I tender my unconditional apology for the allegations made against you.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Tewari also said that in the future, he would not make any comments against Gadkari with regards to the Adarsh Society. Tewari also requested Gadkari to withdraw the case filed in the local magistrate’s court.
Gadkari filed the case in December, 2010 when Tiwari, as Congress spokesperson, had accused him of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society.
The local court had taken cognizance of Gadkari’s complaint last month.