Asserting that the UPA Government had evolved several development projects for the union territory, Union Minister and senior Congress leader G K Vasan on Saturday asked the voters to support the party in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls so that they continue to get such benefits.
Canvassing for Congress nominee and his ministerial colleague V Narayanasamy in the lone Lok Sabha constituency here, he alleged none of the Puducherry Ministers or officials had approached the Central Government for implementing schemes for the benefit of the people.
He claimed that it was due to the efforts of Narayanasamy various schemes including the drinking water projects for Puducherry and Karaikal regions had been realised.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
He also accused the AINRC Government of not initiating steps to ensure speedy implementation of several progressive measures brought by the Centre.