- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
G K Vasan seeks vote for Congress to ensure development
Asserting that the UPA Government had evolved several development projects for the union territory, Union Minister and senior Congress leader G K Vasan on Saturday asked the voters to support the party in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls so that they continue to get such benefits.
Canvassing for Congress nominee and his ministerial colleague V Narayanasamy in the lone Lok Sabha constituency here, he alleged none of the Puducherry Ministers or officials had approached the Central Government for implementing schemes for the benefit of the people.
He claimed that it was due to the efforts of Narayanasamy various schemes including the drinking water projects for Puducherry and Karaikal regions had been realised.
He also accused the AINRC Government of not initiating steps to ensure speedy implementation of several progressive measures brought by the Centre.