With Lok Sabha elections in Delhi over, veteran actor and Trinamool Congress’ candidate from New Delhi constituency Biswajit will get back to acting by donning the role of a criminal lawyer in a Bengali suspense film.
The “Bees Saal Baad” hero of yesteryear is also likely to campaign for TMC candidates in West Bengal where his party is going solo this time and facing a four-cornered battle in most of the 42 Lok Sabha seats.
“I am going to Kolkata to complete the pending work for a Bengali suspense film in which I am playing the central role of a criminal lawyer,” he told PTI.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The Mumbai-based actor, who was stationed in the national capital for nearly a month campaigning for himself, does not mind if he looses in the election battle as he believes he has “won the hearts” of the people.
Biswajit, who was initially under the impression that Mamata Banerjee would come to Delhi to campaign for him, was left disappointed when the TMC supremo did not turn up, leaving the actor to fend for himself in the national capital.
Though admitting that Banerjee campaigning in Delhi would have benefited him, Biswajit chose not to say much on the issue and gave a curt reply saying, “She was busy.”
In New Delhi constituency, Biswajeet was pitted against Ajay Maken (Congress), Meenakshi Lekhi (BJP) and Ashish Khetan (AAP) among others.