With Lok Sabha elections in Delhi over, veteran actor and Trinamool Congress’ candidate from New Delhi constituency Biswajit will get back to acting by donning the role of a criminal lawyer in a Bengali suspense film.
The “Bees Saal Baad” hero of yesteryear is also likely to campaign for TMC candidates in West Bengal where his party is going solo this time and facing a four-cornered battle in most of the 42 Lok Sabha seats.
“I am going to Kolkata to complete the pending work for a Bengali suspense film in which I am playing the central role of a criminal lawyer,” he told PTI.
The Mumbai-based actor, who was stationed in the national capital for nearly a month campaigning for himself, does not mind if he looses in the election battle as he believes he has “won the hearts” of the people.
Biswajit, who was initially under the impression that Mamata Banerjee would come to Delhi to campaign for him, was left disappointed when the TMC supremo did not turn up, leaving the actor to fend for himself in the national capital.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Though admitting that Banerjee campaigning in Delhi would have benefited him, Biswajit chose not to say much on the issue and gave a curt reply saying, “She was busy.”
In New Delhi constituency, Biswajeet was pitted against Ajay Maken (Congress), Meenakshi Lekhi (BJP) and Ashish Khetan (AAP) among others.