- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Free from campaigning, TMC’s Biswajit to get back to acting
With Lok Sabha elections in Delhi over, veteran actor and Trinamool Congress’ candidate from New Delhi constituency Biswajit will get back to acting by donning the role of a criminal lawyer in a Bengali suspense film.
The “Bees Saal Baad” hero of yesteryear is also likely to campaign for TMC candidates in West Bengal where his party is going solo this time and facing a four-cornered battle in most of the 42 Lok Sabha seats.
“I am going to Kolkata to complete the pending work for a Bengali suspense film in which I am playing the central role of a criminal lawyer,” he told PTI.
The Mumbai-based actor, who was stationed in the national capital for nearly a month campaigning for himself, does not mind if he looses in the election battle as he believes he has “won the hearts” of the people.
Biswajit, who was initially under the impression that Mamata Banerjee would come to Delhi to campaign for him, was left disappointed when the TMC supremo did not turn up, leaving the actor to fend for himself in the national capital.
Though admitting that Banerjee campaigning in Delhi would have benefited him, Biswajit chose not to say much on the issue and gave a curt reply saying, “She was busy.”
In New Delhi constituency, Biswajeet was pitted against Ajay Maken (Congress), Meenakshi Lekhi (BJP) and Ashish Khetan (AAP) among others.