In yet another blow to Congress in Odisha, former Assembly Speaker Sarat Kar and OPCC secretary Alekh Choudhury on Saturday joined ruling Biju Janata Dal.
Kar, who joined the party in the presence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, had resigned from Congress on March 12 accusing the party leadership of neglecting and ignoring senior leaders in the organisation.
Kar, who was the Speaker of Odisha Assembly, had previously quit the ruling Biju Janata Dal on April 3, 2004 after being denied party ticket for the Assembly polls from Mahanga in Cuttack district.
“It is homecoming for me. I am not interested in contesting polls,” Kar told reporters while Patnaik said his return to BJD will strengthen the party.
Similarly, Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee secretary Alekh Choudhury of Ganjam district also joined the BJD ahead of the polls. He too made similar allegation of negligence by the Congress state leadership towards the real party workers.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, Congress’s youth leader and grandson of former Chief Minister Nandini Satpathy, Suparno Satpathy said he quit the party and joined Ama Odisha Party (AOP).
Also, BJD leader Prasanna Patnaik and his wife Nalini Patnaik have returned to BJP. Patnaik was the first MLA of BJP in Odisha, elected from Kamakshya Nagar Assembly constituency in 1985.
Senior BJP leader B B Harichandan welcomed the former Kamakshya Nagar MLA. “Patnaik’s return will strengthen BJP in Dhenkanal district,” Harichandan said.