Former bureaucrat and JD(U) MP N K Singh on Saturday joined Bharatiya Janata Party saying a government led by the saffron party can usher growth and progress to replace the prevailing “atmosphere of gloom” with “optimism and hope”.
“I believe that the BJP led NDA government can give a new and fair deal to India,” he said after joining the party.
Singh, who had a fall out with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar after being denied a Rajya Sabha renomination, said only the BJP can provide a strong and stable government with credible leadership in the present political scenario.
A former IAS officer of 1964 Bihar cadre, Singh had worked in the prime minister office of Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s regime and was also then a member of the Planning Commission.
Singh hit out at the JD(U) saying its governance matrix has got “distorted” to exclusively focus on a “survival-centric strategy than a development-centric strategy” that forced him to quit.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“India faces serious economic and political challenges as a consequence of the lost decade that we are struggling to overcome. We need a strong and stable government to rejuvenate our sagging morale. Only the BJP can provide the purposive and resolute policies, programmes and leadership in the current scenario.
“I believe that only an NDA government led by the BJP can usher a new India reviving the engines of growth and progress and replace the prevailing atmosphere of gloom with optimism and hope,” he said.
Singh backed Narendra Modi, saying there are only allegations against him and the principal allegation has been disproved by the court verdict, and it is the final verdict unless it is set aside under the law of the land.
Singh, who was inducted in BJP at party president Rajnath Singh’s residence, said he has joined the saffron party “unconditionally” and said he has offered himself for any task given to him by the party leadership.
He tendered his resignation from the JD(U) on Friday and wrote a letter to Nitish Kumar, pointing out the infirmities in the decision making process in the party.