Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy died in Hyderabad on Friday. He was 80.
Reddy was suffering from liver ailment and was admitted to the NIMS hospital on April 26. His body has been shifted to his house in Somajiguda.
Reddy served as the CM of Andhra Pradesh between 1990 and 1992. Reddy is survived by his 4 sons and wife Rajyalaxmi. She was also a minister in Andhra Pradesh.
He was elected to Lok Sabha from Bapatla, Narsaraopet and Visakhapatnam thrice.
Reddy was a member of Congress and represented Visakhapatnam constituency of Andhra Pradesh.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Also, he was the President of Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee. Reddy took many important decisions during his political career, one of which was to allow the privatisation of professional education.
He gave permission to many medical and engineering colleges in private sector.
Reddy escaped an assassination attempt near Nellore by Naxal groups in September 2007.
Several senior leaders including TDP chief N Chandrababau Naidu condoled the death of Janaradhan Reddy.