Union Home Ministry officials are getting ready for the NDA government to take charge at the Centre and are preparing a roadmap to match the next government’s projected policies.
The MHA is picking up key points related to the ministry from the BJP manifesto to steer its officials in a direction that does not veer from its projected policies.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami has culled out key information related to the ministry in the BJP manifesto and asked officers to get a presentation ready, on the relevant subjects for the NDA dispensation.
Prominent subjects will be abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, zero tolerance to terrorism and extremism, curbing crime and resurrecting the National Security Council established by the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government in 1998.
“We do not want to be caught napping when the new government is in place, most probably next week. The political party’s manifesto has been circulated among all departments of the ministry and we will try to chalk out a roadmap for the new government. We have zeroed-in on priority areas after looking at their manifesto,” said a senior official on condition of anonymity.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Goswami had said a day ago that the ministry had at least four critical areas the next government had to work on — J&K, Left Wing Extremism, problems in the Northeast and terrorism.
Another important area officers have been asked to work on is “massive infrastructure development, specially along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), in Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim” and “complete all pending fencing work along Bangladesh and Myanmar borders.” During his last phase of campaigning in West Bengal, Modi had said illegal immigrants from Bangladesh would be sent back. The BJP manifesto mentioned a comprehensive strategy to elevate Indian policing to match international standards.
“Strengthening the National Investigation Agency (NIA) (formed post 26/11 Mumbai attacks )and putting in a system for swift and fair trial of terror cases, insulating intelligence agencies from political intervention and interference,” were some other areas in the BJP manifesto, on which MHA is working on.