Congress Lok Sabha candidate from Saharanpur, Imran Masood, who was recently booked for threatening Narendra Modi, has five pending cases in various courts on charges of forgery and intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace, among others.
According to the affidavit filed by Masood for contesting Lok Sabha polls, four cases are pending trial in Saharanpur courts and one in District Court in Lucknow.
The cases were filed under different sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC), including cheating (Section 420), forgery of valuable security (Section 467), forgery for purpose of cheating (Section 468) and voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty (Section 332) among others, the affidavit said.
Besides, a case is being heard against him for charges of intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace (Section 504 of IPC) and punishment for criminal intimidation (Section 506) among others, it said.
The cases were registered between 2007 and 2013, the self-sworn affidavit said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
43-year-old Masood’s ‘highest’ qualification, according to his affiavit, is intermediate.
Massod, who has declared movable and immovable properties acquired by him worth about Rs 2.14 crore, has not filed his income tax returns since 2007-08. He has shown an income of Rs 4.45 lakh in his last IT return, according to the affidavit.
His wife Saima Masood has movable and immovable assets acquired by her worth about Rs 85 lakh, it said.
Masood was on Saturday sent to jail by a court for 14 days after he was arrested for his hate speech in which he allegedly threatened to “chop” Narendra Modi “into pieces”.