- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
FIR filed against Hema Malini for poll code violation
An FIR was on Monday filed against Hema Malini, BJP candidate from the Mathura Lok Sabha constituency for violation of model code of conduct.
“Malini addressed an election meeting on Saturday in Sri Ji Baba Saraswati Vidya Mandir during school hours. Her audience included school students. An FIR was filed against her in this connection,” Model Code of Conduct In charge ADM Dhirendra Sachan said.
Though a permission for the election meeting was taken, however, neither the venue was specified nor was it made clear that students would also be a part of her audience in the aforesaid meeting, he said.
As per orders of the election commission, an election meeting inside a school during school hours would be deemed as violation of model code of conduct, Sachan said.
Earlier, an FIR was filed against Malini for using more vehicles in the procession and hiding actual expenditure during election, he said.