An FIR was filed against Bihar BJP leader Giriraj Singh, former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and some other party leaders following a controversial remark by Singh that the Centre gave subsidy to those who exported beef and taxed those who reared cows.
The FIR was lodged under the Bihar Representation of Improvement of Animal Act, 1952, under the Representation of People’s Act 1951, and for violation of the Model Code of Conduct, police said.
Deoghar Superintendent of Police Rakesh Bansal confirmed that an FIR has been filed against the leaders with the Mohanpur police.
On the direction of sub-divisional magistrate-cum-deputy Returning Officer Jay Jyoti Samanta, the FIR was filed against Singh, Gadkari, BJP’s Godda candidate Nishikant Dubey and those who were on the stage during the meeting at Mohanpur, Bansal said.
Singh had also said in his poll speech that those who opposed the party’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would have to shift base to Pakistan after the outcome of election results.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest