- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
FIR against Vishwas, 12 others for assaulting cameraperson
An FIR was lodged against Aam Aadmi Party candidate Kumar Vishwas and his 12 unidentified supporters for allegedly assaulting a cameraperson of a Hindi daily here, police said.
Station House Officer of Gauriganj police station Ratan Singh said that AAP and Congress workers clashed with each other near Tikaria Gauriganj this morning, after which Vishwas came to lodge an FIR.
The camerperson alleged that Vishwas and his supporters assaulted him when he was taking photographs outside the police station there, the SHO said.
Singh said that on a complaint of Mishra a case has been lodged against Vishwas and his unidentified supporters.
The Aam Aadmi Party earlier on Saturday alleged that Congress workers attacked their campaign vehicle and also roughed up some party activists in Tikaria industrial area in Gauriganj, Amethi.