Police on Friday lodged an FIR against a Congress worker on a complaint by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas, who is contesting from Amethi Lok Sabha constituency against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi.
Vishwas had filed an application with police seeking registration of an FIR against Priyanka Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and some Congress workers in connection with an alleged threat by a party man.
The AAP leader sat on dharna in the premises of Gauriganj police station in support of his demand and called off his protest only after police lodged the FIR against Congress activist Vinod Mishra.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
SP Amethi, Hira Lal, said investigations will be carried out into the complaints of the AAP leader.
He also said that police lodged an FIR against Vishwas and his supporters for flouting prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC.
Vishwas said that on April 15 during Priyanka Gandhi’s tour, a video of Congress worker Vinod Mishra had been “leaked” in which he allegedly said “Vishwas Rahul bhaiya ke khilaf bol raha hai mai usko goli maar dunga” (Vishwas is talking against Rahul, I will shoot him).”