- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
FIR against AAP leaders Kumar Vishwas, Somnath Bharti
An FIR was lodged on Tuesday against Aam Aadmi Party Amethi candidate Kumar Vishwas, his party associates Somnath Bharti and two others for violating prohibitory orders.
The FIR has been registered agaisnt Vishwas, Bharti, one Satyendra Dubey and Pankaj Shukla at Amethi police station
under Section 188 (violation of probhibitory orders) and Representation of People’s act, said Police.
Though the deadline for campaigning ended in the constituency at 6 pm on Monday, they allegedly continued to do
so in violation of rules, alleged the FIR.