An FIR has been registered against 10 persons for burning an effigy of the Election Commission to protest against the poll body’s ban on rallies
of SP leader Mohd Azam Khan in UP.
Some youths gathered at Agenty crossing last night and burnt the effigy of EC to register their protest, police said today.
An FIR in this regard was later registered at Sambhal police station against Ikram, Pappu and eight others.
On April 11, the EC had banned Khan from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh and asked the authorities to initiate criminal proceedings against him.
Khan had addressed an election rally at Afzalgarh in support of Moradabad’s SP candidate, ST Hasan on April 10 in which he had allegedly tried to flare up communal feelings by speaking on the Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar riots in detail.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016