An FIR has been registered against 10 persons for burning an effigy of the Election Commission to protest against the poll body’s ban on rallies
of SP leader Mohd Azam Khan in UP.
Some youths gathered at Agenty crossing last night and burnt the effigy of EC to register their protest, police said today.
An FIR in this regard was later registered at Sambhal police station against Ikram, Pappu and eight others.
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
On April 11, the EC had banned Khan from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh and asked the authorities to initiate criminal proceedings against him.
Khan had addressed an election rally at Afzalgarh in support of Moradabad’s SP candidate, ST Hasan on April 10 in which he had allegedly tried to flare up communal feelings by speaking on the Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar riots in detail.