- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
Final turnout of 61.7 pc in Maharashtra till 6 pm
The 19 constituencies in Maharashtra where polling was held on Thursday in the second phase of Lok Sabha elections in the state recorded an average 61.7 per cent turnout by 6 pm, the closing time.
The constituency-wise voting percentages: Hingoli: 63 pc, Nanded: 63 pc, Parbhani: 62 pc, Maval: 63.10 pc, Pune: 58.75 pc, Baramati: 58.2 pc, Shirur: 59.50 pc, Ahmednagar: 60 pc, Shirdi: 61 pc, Beed: 64 pc, Osmanabad: 65 pc, Latur: 62 pc, Solapur: 57 pc, Madha: 62 pc, Sangli: 62 pc, Satara: 57 pc, Ratnagiri- Sindhudurg: 60 pc, Kolhapur: 68 pc, Hatkanangle: 67 pc.
Today’s polling would decide the fate of 358 candidates, including Union Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and former chief minister Ashok Chavan (both Congress) and senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde.