Polling was disrupted for over an hour at booth no. 158 in Karnal parliamentary constituency after voters protested against a faulty EVM.
According to the voters, the light next to Bhartiya Janta Party’s poll symbol “Lotus” flashed when they pressed the button next to INLD’s poll symbol “Spectacles”.
Voters complained to the polling officials who witnessed the discrepancy and halted the polling process. It took around an hour for the polling officials to replace the faulty EVM.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier on Thurday morning, Karnal police seized around 22,000 liqour bottles and over Rs. 12 lakh unaccounted cash from various people.
“There were secret inputs about some liquor being smuggled that was purportedly going to be used in the electoral process. In wake of the elections, a special checking drive was being conducted round the clock during which the seizures have been made. A total of around Rs. 12 lakh unaccounted cash was seized from seven check posts. Income Tax department has been informed about the seizures and investigations are on”, said Abhishek Garg, Superintendent of Police, Karnal.