Polling was disrupted for over an hour at booth no. 158 in Karnal parliamentary constituency after voters protested against a faulty EVM.
According to the voters, the light next to Bhartiya Janta Party’s poll symbol “Lotus” flashed when they pressed the button next to INLD’s poll symbol “Spectacles”.
Voters complained to the polling officials who witnessed the discrepancy and halted the polling process. It took around an hour for the polling officials to replace the faulty EVM.
Earlier on Thurday morning, Karnal police seized around 22,000 liqour bottles and over Rs. 12 lakh unaccounted cash from various people.
“There were secret inputs about some liquor being smuggled that was purportedly going to be used in the electoral process. In wake of the elections, a special checking drive was being conducted round the clock during which the seizures have been made. A total of around Rs. 12 lakh unaccounted cash was seized from seven check posts. Income Tax department has been informed about the seizures and investigations are on”, said Abhishek Garg, Superintendent of Police, Karnal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016