The 10 seats of Vidarbha, which have gone to the polls today saw medium to lukewarm polling till 9 am.
Figures show that Nagpur saw 10 per cent of the registered voters, casting their votes while Bhandara saw only 2 per cent of the voters turn out. Buldhana recorded 7 per cent polling, while Ramtek saw 10 per cent of the electorates casting their votes. Gondia, Chandrapur Gadchilori saw 8 and 10 per cent polling, while Amravati and Wardha witnessed 9 and 6 per cent polling.
For the 10 seats in the state more than 100 candidates are in the fray.Former BJP president is contesting from Nagpur, where he is being challenged by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), state coordinator Anjali Damania.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Central minister Praful Patel and former minister Mukul Wasnik are contesting from Gondia and Ramtek respectively. This is the first phase of voting in Maharastra and third in the country.
Polling has started from 7 am and will continue till 6 pm except in Naxal hit areas, where it would get over by 3 pm