Congress on Monday termed as “peanuts” the Rajasthan government’s compensation given to farmers whose crop had been damaged due to inclement weather.
Congress chief in the state and Union Minister Sachin Pilot said as per the Congress’ district units survey, there were more farmers who were eligible for the compensation, which the Vasundhara Raje government had neglected. “It is unfortunate that the state government is considering crop damage only in 4000 to 5,000 villages, whereas as per the Congress district units (sruvey), the rabi crop in 25,000 villages perished,” Pilot said here.
The BJP government’s initial survey at Tehsil level was done using a wrong method and it should be done on the crop sown area, he said. Demanding that compensation be paid for farmers whose even 25 per cent crop was damaged, Pilot said the state government had announced a meagre package only to those whose crops were damaged 50 per cent or above.
Any village having 40 per cent of crop damage should be declared scarcity hit, and farmers’ loan should be waived, and revenue collection must be stopped, he demanded.
The PCC chief also demanded that “Abiyana shulk” (tax) in irrigated area be waived off, adding that affected farmers should be provided foodgrains at Re one per kg, and identified affected farmers should be provided financial assistance.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
PCC had last week asked the district Congress units to do on-spot survey of crop damage due to inclement weather and file reports by March 2.