Holding the Assam Government responsible for the self immolation by its activist Prabin Boro here on Monday, the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) has called a 12-hour Guwahati bandh tomorrow as Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address a public rally here.
KMSS leader Akhil Gogoi said “we have called a 12-hour bandh and will prevent, at any cost, Rahul Gandhi’s rally tomorrow. All roads leading to the venue will be blocked by us”.
Farmer-activist Prabin Boro died this evening at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital nearly six hours after having immolated himself in front of the Secretariat suffering 100 per cent burn injuries.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
In a first ever such incident in Assam, the 45-year old Boro set himself on fire by pouring petrol on his body demanding land rights for people living in the city’s hill areas.
This sparked widespread protests by KMSS activists who blocked road and rail networks across the state.
KMSS has organised a protest this morning and hit the roads against a government programme to distribute land ownership certificates at the ‘Sankardeva Kalakshetra’ here.