Holding the Assam Government responsible for the self immolation by its activist Prabin Boro here on Monday, the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) has called a 12-hour Guwahati bandh tomorrow as Congress leader Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to address a public rally here.
KMSS leader Akhil Gogoi said “we have called a 12-hour bandh and will prevent, at any cost, Rahul Gandhi’s rally tomorrow. All roads leading to the venue will be blocked by us”.
Farmer-activist Prabin Boro died this evening at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital nearly six hours after having immolated himself in front of the Secretariat suffering 100 per cent burn injuries.
In a first ever such incident in Assam, the 45-year old Boro set himself on fire by pouring petrol on his body demanding land rights for people living in the city’s hill areas.
This sparked widespread protests by KMSS activists who blocked road and rail networks across the state.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
KMSS has organised a protest this morning and hit the roads against a government programme to distribute land ownership certificates at the ‘Sankardeva Kalakshetra’ here.