Wife of farmer-activist Prabin Boro who immolated himself on Monday filed a police complaint against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Revenue MinisterPrithibi Majhi.
Boro’s wife Purnima Boro’s complaint is registered at the Dispur police station, alleging Gogoi and Majhi’s negligence in granting land ownership papers to the people living on hills in Guwahati. lead to her husband’s self immolation.
The police station has confirmed that the case has been registered. Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters that the government will take responsibility of looking after Boro’s family and give a job to his wife. However, Purnima said, “The Tarun Gogoi government is responsible for my husband’s death. The government tortured him.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“This morning when he set out to participate in the (KMSS) stir, my husband told me that he will die today at any cost for the interest of the public,” she said.”I told him not to go as who would look after our three children if he died. But my husband said he has to die in the greater interest of the people to get their land deeds,” she added.
Pranab Boro (45) had poured petrol on his body and set himself on fire before the state Secretariat during an agitation organised by the KMSS. Boro succumbed to 100 per cent burns this evening at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.