Wife of farmer-activist Prabin Boro who immolated himself on Monday filed a police complaint against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Revenue MinisterPrithibi Majhi.
Boro’s wife Purnima Boro’s complaint is registered at the Dispur police station, alleging Gogoi and Majhi’s negligence in granting land ownership papers to the people living on hills in Guwahati. lead to her husband’s self immolation.
The police station has confirmed that the case has been registered. Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters that the government will take responsibility of looking after Boro’s family and give a job to his wife. However, Purnima said, “The Tarun Gogoi government is responsible for my husband’s death. The government tortured him.”
“This morning when he set out to participate in the (KMSS) stir, my husband told me that he will die today at any cost for the interest of the public,” she said.”I told him not to go as who would look after our three children if he died. But my husband said he has to die in the greater interest of the people to get their land deeds,” she added.
Pranab Boro (45) had poured petrol on his body and set himself on fire before the state Secretariat during an agitation organised by the KMSS. Boro succumbed to 100 per cent burns this evening at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016