Wife of farmer-activist Prabin Boro who immolated himself on Monday filed a police complaint against Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Revenue MinisterPrithibi Majhi.
Boro’s wife Purnima Boro’s complaint is registered at the Dispur police station, alleging Gogoi and Majhi’s negligence in granting land ownership papers to the people living on hills in Guwahati. lead to her husband’s self immolation.
The police station has confirmed that the case has been registered. Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi told reporters that the government will take responsibility of looking after Boro’s family and give a job to his wife. However, Purnima said, “The Tarun Gogoi government is responsible for my husband’s death. The government tortured him.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“This morning when he set out to participate in the (KMSS) stir, my husband told me that he will die today at any cost for the interest of the public,” she said.”I told him not to go as who would look after our three children if he died. But my husband said he has to die in the greater interest of the people to get their land deeds,” she added.
Pranab Boro (45) had poured petrol on his body and set himself on fire before the state Secretariat during an agitation organised by the KMSS. Boro succumbed to 100 per cent burns this evening at the Gauhati Medical College Hospital.