The family members of the two teenage girls, who were allegedly gangraped and murdered here, staged a sit-in along on Monday with hundreds of villagers to protest against the remarks of Uttar Pradesh DGP A L Banerjee and “delay” in CBI probe in the case. They sat on the dharna at around 3.30 pm under the same tree, on which the bodies of the teenage girls were found hanging, to demand start of the inquiry by CBI in the case.
Accusing the police of threatening them, father of one of the victims said, “we want the matter to be probed by CBI so that reality comes to light. The CBI probe has not started yet even after we requested for it.” Banerjee had on Saturday said rape of one of the two girls, who were found hanging from a tree, was not confirmed by forensic experts and that property could be a motive for
“Of the two victims, one was a lone child. Her father has three brothers who have limited resources. In case she is not alive, then it can benefit others. It (property) can be one of the motives. I am not saying that this is the motive,” he had told reporters in Lucknow. Refuting the DGP’s claim that property could be a motive behind the crime, the father of one of the victims said that he had three and a half ‘bighas’ land and which was not transferable to his daughter.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The land did not belong to my daughter. If she would have been alive and I would have got her married, the property still would not go to her or her in-laws. The land belongs to I and my brothers have a right on it after me,” he claimed. He also asked if the case was one of honour killing, then why was his niece killed? “Will you also level rape charges on us?” the irate father of the victim asked.
The father of the other victim alleged that the DGP is threatening the family and had asked them to go through lie detector test, which he said they are fully prepared for. Alleging that the State Government and police are hand in glove, he said the government is trying to shield the police. The mother of one of the victims said if the family had killed the girls why would they demand CBI probe into it.
“We knew from the very beginning that the Akhilesh Yadav Government would do anything to save the accused of that caste… there is continued pressure and we are being threatened,” the victim’s mother alleged.