A day after Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav served ultimatum to Akhilesh Yadav’s ministers to ‘mend’ their ways else lose their job, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday stated that he failed to understand when Mulayam changed his role from being party national president to his father.
Akhilesh was speaking to media persons at a function organised to lay the foundation stone of poultry farms at his residence.
“I am not able to understand when he attains the role of party national president and when he starts acting as a father,” Akhilesh said.
Refusing to comment on Mulayam’s statement, Akhilesh said: “All of you who are present here keep your hand on your heart and tell me that every father scolds his son or not. At times you do not agree with your father also.”
“He also pats us on our performance sometimes,” he maintained.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Earlier, during a function at CM’s residence Mulayam had issued a 10-day ultimatum to ministers in the UP government to “stop delaying files and mend their ways” or lose their jobs.
In the past, Mulayam had voiced his unhappiness in public over Akhilesh’s government. Mulayam had asked Akhilesh to keep distance from “sycophants”. Mulayam had also stated that ministers will not be able to retain their posts if they ditched him in the Lok Sabha polls. “This is my election and you cannot hold the post and betray me also,” he had stated.
Some previous quotes of Mulayam:
01 August 2012: At CM’s residence
“Only 2-4 ministers are working while others should improve their working. I have all the report but do not want to reveal their names.”
13 August 2012: At a meeting at SP office
“Do some miraculous work in next six months which is visible before the people.”
23 March, 2013: Lohia Park
“Some ministers and leaders are engaged in merry making and serving their personal interests.”