A day after Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav served ultimatum to Akhilesh Yadav’s ministers to ‘mend’ their ways else lose their job, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday stated that he failed to understand when Mulayam changed his role from being party national president to his father.
Akhilesh was speaking to media persons at a function organised to lay the foundation stone of poultry farms at his residence.
“I am not able to understand when he attains the role of party national president and when he starts acting as a father,” Akhilesh said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Refusing to comment on Mulayam’s statement, Akhilesh said: “All of you who are present here keep your hand on your heart and tell me that every father scolds his son or not. At times you do not agree with your father also.”
“He also pats us on our performance sometimes,” he maintained.
Earlier, during a function at CM’s residence Mulayam had issued a 10-day ultimatum to ministers in the UP government to “stop delaying files and mend their ways” or lose their jobs.
In the past, Mulayam had voiced his unhappiness in public over Akhilesh’s government. Mulayam had asked Akhilesh to keep distance from “sycophants”. Mulayam had also stated that ministers will not be able to retain their posts if they ditched him in the Lok Sabha polls. “This is my election and you cannot hold the post and betray me also,” he had stated.
Some previous quotes of Mulayam:
01 August 2012: At CM’s residence
“Only 2-4 ministers are working while others should improve their working. I have all the report but do not want to reveal their names.”
13 August 2012: At a meeting at SP office
“Do some miraculous work in next six months which is visible before the people.”
23 March, 2013: Lohia Park
“Some ministers and leaders are engaged in merry making and serving their personal interests.”