Abhijit Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee and Congress candidate from Jangipur, Tuesday faced the wrath of villagers at Sabirpur in Raghunathgunj, West Bengal, over the issue of poor supply of drinking water and poor condition of roads in the village.
Mukherjee had to abandon the roadshow in the village and leave in a huff. He later moved to other areas of the constituency. Murshidabad SP Syed Waqar Raza said he had not been informed about the incident and he would check about it.
According to reports, as Mukherjee’s convoy reached Sabirpur village, an autorickshaw came in front of it. Supporters accompanying Mukherjee allegedly dragged the driver out of his vehicle and thrashed him.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Soon, villagers comprising mostly women started protesting against poor water supply and condition of roads. Mukherjee tried to reason with the demonstrators but failed and ultimately had to abandon the roadshow.
Congress supporters blamed the incident on CPM cadre. ENS