Abhijit Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee and Congress candidate from Jangipur, Tuesday faced the wrath of villagers at Sabirpur in Raghunathgunj, West Bengal, over the issue of poor supply of drinking water and poor condition of roads in the village.
Mukherjee had to abandon the roadshow in the village and leave in a huff. He later moved to other areas of the constituency. Murshidabad SP Syed Waqar Raza said he had not been informed about the incident and he would check about it.
According to reports, as Mukherjee’s convoy reached Sabirpur village, an autorickshaw came in front of it. Supporters accompanying Mukherjee allegedly dragged the driver out of his vehicle and thrashed him.
Soon, villagers comprising mostly women started protesting against poor water supply and condition of roads. Mukherjee tried to reason with the demonstrators but failed and ultimately had to abandon the roadshow.
Congress supporters blamed the incident on CPM cadre. ENS
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016