He has not yet become a member of the Congress but UIDAI chairman and former Infosys CEO Nandan Nilekani has begun canvassing support for party candidature in the Bangalore South Lok Sabha constituency. He is seeking the cooperation of a string of local Congress strongmen and block presidents.
Nilekani, who is tipped to be the Congress candidate in the Bangalore South constituency and who was called a senior Congress leader by Rahul Gandhi during a visit here to interact with the youth last week, has over the last couple of days met several local leaders.
He met minister Ramalinga Reddy, the wealthy father-son duo of M Krishnappa and Priya Krishna and R V Devaraj — the four Congress MLAs in the eight Assembly segments in the Bangalore South constituency — to solicit support to contest the parliament polls. Nilekani had earlier met former external affairs minister S M Krishna since three of the Congress MLAs in the Bangalore South Assembly segments are known followers of the former Karnataka chief minister.
Though his name does not figure on a list of candidates recommended for Bangalore South by the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee, Nilekani is the top favourite of the Congress high command to contest from the constituency.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review