We bring to you the five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. Parliament holds its nose: While keeping its promise the UPA government managed to introduce the Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha, what followed was drama and disruption unlike any other witnessed by Parliament. Turmoil in the house saw three MPs being hospitalised after a Congress MP opposed to the new state, sprayed pepper spray to disrupt proceedings.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
2. US makes up with Modi, no word on visa: Signalling the end of a nine-year boycott of Modi by Washington following the 2002 riots, US Ambassador Nancy Powell met Gujarat Chief Minister and the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and discussed a range of issue including ‘ill-treatment’ of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade.
4. Anna’s political U-turn: Shunning his often-repeated stance that he would not campaign for any political party, including the nascent party born out of association with his Lokpal movement, social activist Anna Hazare making a political U-turn has agreed to campaign for the Trinamool Congress in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
5. Trafficked girls rescued: Five years ago, two teenage tribal girls from a remote village in Jharkhand, disappeared without a trace. All their parents knew was that they had gone to Delhi after being promised ‘work’. Last week, they were rescued from two separate homes in Delhi-NCR.