We bring to you the five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. Parliament holds its nose: While keeping its promise the UPA government managed to introduce the Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha, what followed was drama and disruption unlike any other witnessed by Parliament. Turmoil in the house saw three MPs being hospitalised after a Congress MP opposed to the new state, sprayed pepper spray to disrupt proceedings.
2. US makes up with Modi, no word on visa: Signalling the end of a nine-year boycott of Modi by Washington following the 2002 riots, US Ambassador Nancy Powell met Gujarat Chief Minister and the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and discussed a range of issue including ‘ill-treatment’ of Indian diplomat Devyani Khobragade.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
4. Anna’s political U-turn: Shunning his often-repeated stance that he would not campaign for any political party, including the nascent party born out of association with his Lokpal movement, social activist Anna Hazare making a political U-turn has agreed to campaign for the Trinamool Congress in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
5. Trafficked girls rescued: Five years ago, two teenage tribal girls from a remote village in Jharkhand, disappeared without a trace. All their parents knew was that they had gone to Delhi after being promised ‘work’. Last week, they were rescued from two separate homes in Delhi-NCR.