Narendra Modi was unanimously elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party. During his acceptance speech in Central Hall of Parliament, 63-year-old Modi broke down when he referred to L K Advani’s mention that he had done favour to the party by taking up the responsibility.
Here are top ten quotes of the prime minister-designate.
1. Can serving the mother be a favour? A son is only dedicated to serve the mother….The favour has been done by the party.
2. I am a very optimistic man and only an optimistic man can bring optimism in the country.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
3. There is new hope among people that this dispensation can fulfill their aspirations.
4. Hung verdict would have meant anger against previous govt; Clear verdict to BJP shows people voted for hope and aspiration.
5. Want to assure people there is no need for pessimism going by the past bad experience; country has huge potential
6. I am not doing any favour, only performing a duty; this victory is a result of struggle of five generations.
7. I will try to live up to expectations of people; will present report card to people in 2019.
8. This election result has increased people’s faith in democracy.
9. I don’t believe UPA government did nothing; they did whatever they could and they deserve appreciation for whatever good they did.
10. We are not here for any positions but for a responsiblity
With PTI inputs