Narendra Modi was unanimously elected as the leader of BJP Parliamentary Party. During his acceptance speech in Central Hall of Parliament, 63-year-old Modi broke down when he referred to L K Advani’s mention that he had done favour to the party by taking up the responsibility.
Here are top ten quotes of the prime minister-designate.
1. Can serving the mother be a favour? A son is only dedicated to serve the mother….The favour has been done by the party.
2. I am a very optimistic man and only an optimistic man can bring optimism in the country.
3. There is new hope among people that this dispensation can fulfill their aspirations.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
4. Hung verdict would have meant anger against previous govt; Clear verdict to BJP shows people voted for hope and aspiration.
5. Want to assure people there is no need for pessimism going by the past bad experience; country has huge potential
6. I am not doing any favour, only performing a duty; this victory is a result of struggle of five generations.
7. I will try to live up to expectations of people; will present report card to people in 2019.
8. This election result has increased people’s faith in democracy.
9. I don’t believe UPA government did nothing; they did whatever they could and they deserve appreciation for whatever good they did.
10. We are not here for any positions but for a responsiblity
With PTI inputs