9.10 pm: Accusing TRS of indulging in “politics of bitterness”, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi today said Congress alone can ensure prosperity for Telangana.
— INC India (@INCIndia) April 25, 2014
8.20 pm: Miffed by the incidents of violence aimed at AAP volunteers in Varansai, the party today asked the Election Commission for deployment of more central security forces and senior observers in the temple town from where Arvind Kejriwal is taking on Narendra Modi.
7.58 pm: Netherlands’ ambassador to India Alphonsus Stoelinga today said here that he admired the election process in the country.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
7.26 pm: In a bid to canvas for BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, a Gujarat-based fan club launched several merchandise here today, including an animation film and a theme song on Narendra Modi.
7.01 pm: Union Cabinet recommends dissolution of Andhra Pradesh Assembly and extension of President’s rule.
6.55 pm: TRS has not only broken promise they made to Congress party, but also the promise they made to the people of Telangana: Rahul Gandhi in Hyderabad.
— INC Live (@INCLiveTweets) April 25, 2014
6.00 pm: The Election Commission has done “nothing substantial and effective” to prevent paid news, violation of model code by social media ad distribution of hate material, an upset Congress alleged, a day after it accused the poll panel of “inaction”.
5.28: In the backdrop of inflow of drugs from Pakistan innto Punjab, Narendra Modi Friday warned India’s enemies, who failed to break up the country, have resorted to narco-terrorism as part of their nefarious designs to destroy the youth.
The UPA Government has approved India’s Biggest Power Plant of 4000MW in Telangana : <a href=”http://twitter.com/search?
5.06 pm: During TDP’s tenure in AP, their CM had said India doesn’t need farmers: Rahul Gandhi in AP.
4:55 pm: When we drafted the Telangana bill for the Parliament, TRS never helped in it, it was not a part of it, says Rahul Gandhi in Warangal.
— INC India (@INCIndia) April 25, 2014
4:51 pm: Rahul Gandhi announces from Warangal: On June 02, 29th state of India will be formed.
4: 45 pm: The Election Commission let off Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav with a ‘warning’ for threatening school teachers appointed on contract by Uttar Pradesh government to either vote for his party in Lok Sabha polls or risk losing permanent status. READ FULL STORY
4:29 pm: Union Minister and party leader Manish Tewari made an appeal to Varanasi people to reject divisive forces. READ FULL STORY
4: 15 pm: Modi wave is propaganda by corporate entities, said CPI(M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee READ FULL STORY
3. 45 pm: UPA is not bothered about the poor or the farmers of the nation: Narendra Modi
03. 40 pm: BJP defends Modi roadshow, says Congress, BSP were rattled by the “spontaneous” response of the people and claimed it had done nothing illegal.
03. 25 pm: BJP releases new campaign song ‘Main Kamal khilaane aaya hoon’.
3. 05 pm: Normally, its the opposition which unites against ruling Government, but today the Govt is trying to unite others to stop Modi: Narendra Modi
2.45 pm: BJP attacked Congress for releasing an additional manifesto promising reservation for backward Muslims, saying it is their ‘last desperate’ act to get some votes
2.40 pm: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took potshots at LJP President Ramvilas Paswan for making pre-poll alliance with the BJP and said he was an expert in making political somersault.
2:27 pm: Election Commission admits to the lapses, apologises about missing names from the voters list.
1.30 pm: BJP and Congress have reached an agreement in these elections: Mayawati
12. 15 pm: People know Modi gave land to ‘friends’ at cheap rates: Priyanka Gandhi
12. 10 pm: If you want to convince people then tell them what you have done for farmers under the Gujarat model: Priyanka
12. 05 pm: You are not teaching in a school, you are addressing the nation, tell them what you will do: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to Modi.
12.00 pm: Priyanka Gandhi hits back at BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi.
11.50 am: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra speaking at a public meeting in Rae Bareli
11.45 am: We have info that most of the people at Narendra Modi’s roadshow in Varanasi were from outside Varanasi-Mayawati
11.40 am: BJP president Rajnath Singh to address election meeting in Uttar Pradesh today.
11.19 am: Narendra Modi to address rallies in Punjab today
09: 05 am: BJP president Rajnath Singh had an interesting take on Thursday on Narendra Modi filing his nomination for Lok Sabha polls from Varanasi.
Congratulating Modi, Singh pointed out on his Facebook page how the BJP’s PM candidate was contesting from two cities — names of both starting with a capital V — Vadodara and Varanasi. Singh said he was now confident that Modi will bag a ‘landslide victory’ in the two seats as ‘V also stands for Victory’.
09: 06 am: While the country is in election mode, the Rural Development Ministry has decided to give a push to the implementation of the UPA government’s flagship MGNREGA. It has sanctioned the purchase of tablets to promote use of technology in MGNREGA and seeding of Aadhaar into the database.
In a circular dated April 21, it also asked some states to identify such blocks by April 30 where this programme will be implemented. It has set a deadline of July 1— well after the new government is expected to take over — for the data to start flowing in through such a mobile interface.