Get all the latest updates on Lok Sabha elections throughout the day:
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
And so it begins. The first of our six coalition candidates, Madanlal Sharma, has filed his nomination from Jammu LS seat. #Mandate2014
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) March 20, 2014
4.49 pm: BJP President Rajnath Singh said that veteran party leader L K Advani can chose to contest from either Bhopal or Gandhinagar. He also added that it is wrong to suggest that Advani was sidelined.
4.30 pm: Narendra Modi addresses rally in Wardha, Maharashtra, reaches out to farmers.
4:10 pm: Advani refuses to back down, RSS urges the party veteran to resolve the matter
3:45 pm: BJP has nothing new to offer, Congress needs to be rejected says Prakash Karat
3:41 pm: CPM releases poll manifesto, Prakash Karat says elections diverted from major issues
3:20 pm: After a gap of 47 years, the Communist Party of India (CPI) has jumped into poll fray sans alliance with non-Left parties in the Union Territory and announced the candidature of R Viswanathan for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
2:56 pm: The People’s Party of Arunachal on Thursday announced Wangman Lowangcha as its Lok Sabha candidate from Arunachal East constituency.
2.48 pm: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has said that the government has no information regarding terror threat to BJP leaders.
2:25 pm: NCP minister Sunil Tatkare is locked in a tough battle with five-time MPAnant Gite of Shiv Sena, former police officer Sanjay Aprantiof AAP and PWP’s Ramesh Kadam – an ex-NCP MLA.
1:40 pm: BJP announces 2nd list for Arunachal Pradesh assembly polls
1:20pm: Samajwadi Party renominates Pramod Patel as Lok Sabha candidate from Pratapgarh
12:50 pm: Mayawati in election mode, BSP finalises candidates for 80 Lok Sabha seats
12:43 pm: BJP concerned about safety of leaders following media reports of possible threat: Nirmala Sitaraman
12:19 pm: After Modi, Sushma and Venkaiah, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley meets upset BJP patriarch L K Advani, tries to convince him to contest from Gandhinagar.
12:05 pm: Congress candidate and Union Minister K V Thomas, seeking a fifth term from the prestigious Ernakulam constituency, is taking on his close friend and political novice Christy Fernandez, who is contesting as a CPI(M)-backed independent.
11.34 am: Modi tweets that he will be in Wardha and Yavatmal today.
Will be in Maharashtra today. Will address a rally in Wardha & join ‘Chai Pe Charcha’ with farmers in Yavatmal http://t.co/0G7AYJUWGE
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 20, 2014
11:20 am: BJP’s grand alliance in Tamil Nadu, to bring rivals DMDK and PMK together for TN front. Other parties to join hands include MDMK, IJK and KDMK.
11:15 am: AAP leader Yogendra Yadav files nomination, to contest from Gurgaon.
11:10 am: A three-cornered fight is on the cards in the North-East Mumbai Lok Sabha constituency as sitting NCP MP Sanjay Dina Patil is facing a tough challenge from BJP’s Kirit Somaiya and Aam Aadmi Party’s Medha Patkar to retain the seat.
9:10 am: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and senior leader Sushma Swaraj met veteran L K Advani to convince him to contest from Gandhinagar and not Bhopal. Despite Advani’s reluctance, the BJP on Wednesday pushed veteran leader L K Advani to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Gandhinagar despite his new desire to shift to Bhopal.
9:00 am: RTGS UNDER SCANNER- The Election Commission has told district election officers to monitor the movement of money through the RTGS (real time gross settlement) system in banks. Officials in Pune said the circular asks election officers to keep a tab on high value transactions since the starting of model code of conduct. Banks have been told to intimate about the same.
8:55 am: Shashi Tharoor starts campaign
Started my campaign work early today and met some very enthusiastic schoolchildren on the way! pic.twitter.com/M8gyGA3OX8
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) March 20, 2014