Get all the latest updates on Lok Sabha elections throughout the day:
9.00 pm: Congress leader Anand Sharma says he is willing to take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency.
8.35 pm: Olympian shooter Rajvardhan Rathore fielded from Jaipur (Rural).
8.30 pm: Jagdambika Pal to contest Lok Sabha elections from Domariaganj.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
8.28 pm: Narendra Modi to contest LS polls from Vadodara.
8.25 pm: BJP decides to field L K Advani from Gujarat’s Gandhinagar constituency despite his resistance.
8.23 pm: Hema Malini to contest from Mathura, Vasundhara Raje’s son Dushyant Singh from Jhalawar.
8.20 pm: Ashwini Kumar Choubey to contest from Buxar (Bihar).
8.17 pm: BJP finalises 67 candidates its fifth list for Lok Sabha elections.
8.15 pm: BJP announces its fifth its of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections shortly.
7.50 pm: AAP releases 8th list of 19 candidates for six states. Former JD(U) Minister Parveen Amanullah to contest from Patna Sahib, Bihar, against BJP.
7.30 pm: Reports suggest BJP Parliamentary Board and CEC has finalied Gandhinagar seat for L K Advani
7.20 pm: BJP CEC meeting ends.
6.14 pm: Reports suggest Congress considering fielding Digvijaya Singh against Narendra Modi from Varanasi.
3:52 pm: Advani wants to shift from Gandhinagar, contest from Bhopal.
3:38 pm: BJP likely to announce candidates from Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, MP and other constituencies in UP.
3:30 pm: No role of Ramdev in party’s ticket distribution: BJP.
3:27 pm: RSS moves court against Rahul Gandhi over his remarks linking the saffron organisation to the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
2:54 pm: Congress MP Hemananda not to contest LS polls.
2:43 pm: Congress dares Modi for an open debate, Anand Sharma says: “We are ready to debate against Modi on any platform on any subject.”
2:42 pm: Notifications were on Wednesday issued for Lok Sabha election to 125 constituencies across 16 states which will go to polls on April 12 and April 17.
2:40 pm: Anand Sharma takes a dig at Modi, says: “Unlike BJP we don’t annoint people as PM candidates so that they can climb on a horse and pretend like they have won.”
2: 31 pm: Subhashree Panda, wife of wanted Maoist Sabyasachi Panda, on Wednesday joined Ama Odisha Party along with over 100 of her women supporters.
2:30 pm: Election Commission of India on Wednesday issued notification for the second phase of polls in 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats of Odisha on April 17.
2:17 pm: Former Congress leader Jagdambika Pal, comedian Raju Srivastava join BJP.
1:12 pm: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik files nomination for Assembly polls from Hinjili.
1:05 pm: DMK warns of disciplinary action against partymen who have truck with suspended party leader M K Alagiri.
12:55 pm: Election Commission has extended the polling time by one hour for the April 9 Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh, Commission’s Director General Ashish Srivastava said.
12:46 pm: Sitting BJP MP from Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, Balkrishna Shukla on Wednesday said he would be happy to vacate the seat for Narendra Modi, if the party decides to field him from the constituency.
12:39 pm: With a section in the Kerala unit of NCP fuming over denial of a LS seat to it despite being a long time partner of the LDF, Sharad Pawar has called the state leaders to Mumbai tomorrow to assess the situation and avert a split.
12:19 pm: Advani not attending the key meet as BJP discusses his candidature: sources
12:13 pm: BJP key meet ahead of Lok Sabha polls in New Delhi.
12:05 pm: Congress leader and Union Minister of State for Labour Kodikunnil Suresh will face stiff challenge in his Mavellikara Lok Sabha constituency from CPI’s Chengara Surendran, who had humbled the former in 1998 and 2004 polls.
11:20 am: Rahul Gandhi to address a rally in Manipur on Wednesday.
11:06 am: Congress leader Manish Tiwari to contest from Ludhiana.
10:55 am: Peepli Live’ Natha joins AAP, said sources.
10:15 am: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has cancelled his proposed visit to Aizawl on Wednesday in view of the ongoing Assembly session, party sources said.
9:08 am: Actor Kirron Kher, the BJP’s candidate from Chandigarh, landed in the city amidst black flags being shown, stones being pelted and protests in different parts of the city.
9:00 am: Putting an end to the suspense over its stand on one of its key MPs facing corruption charges, the Congress denied the Pune ticket to sitting MP Suresh Kalmadi.