Get all the latest updates on Lok Sabha elections throughout the day:
9.20 pm: Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal will be contesting against BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi. According to ANI report, AAP leader Sanjay Singh said, “Kejriwal will contest from Varanasi, official announcement will be made during the rally on March 25.”
Arvind Kejriwal will contest from Varanasi, official announcement to be made on 25th March rally: Sanjay Singh
— ANI (@ANI_news) March 18, 2014
8.45 pm: Kejriwal has said his decision to enter the electoral fray from Varanasi was not a “symbolic gesture” but to defeat the BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
8.20 pm: Suresh Kalmadi, accused in CWG scam, not included in Congress list. Congress fields Vishwajeet Kadam from Pune. The seat was represented by Kalmadi.
8.19 pm: Kapil Sibal to contest LS elections from, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi.
8. 18 pm: Krishna Tirath to contest from North West Delhi
8.17 pm: Ajit Jogi to contest from Mahasamund in Chhattisgarh and Sachin Pilot will be Congress candidate from Ajmer.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL LIST OF CONGRESS CANDIDATES
8.15 pm: Former cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin to contest from Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. He was MP from Moradabad in UP
8.14 pm: Congress declares its third list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections; former Union Minister Ajay Maken to contest from New Delhi.
5.40 pm: AAP’s Varanasi rally scheduled for March 23 postponed to March 25, say reports.
3:41 pm: Madhya Pradesh food and civil supplies minister Vijay Shah’s elder brother Ajay Shah on Tuesday joined the Congress party.
3:40 pm: AAP candidate from north-west Delhi Mahendra Singh withdraws his candidature, say reports.
3:38 pm: AAP candidate and singer Jaswinder Narula on Tuesday withdrew her candidature.
3:35 pm: A bunch of gas balloons burst during the road show of senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley here on Tuesday leading to momentary commotion, when he along with other leaders of the SAD-BJP alliance were riding in an open truck.
3.30 pm: A bunch of gas balloons burst during the road show of senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley leading to momentary commotion, when he along with other leaders of the SAD-BJP alliance were riding in an open truck.
3:28 pm: Congress leader Randeep Surjewala has said that the party would put up a formidable candidate against Narendra Modi in Varanasi. He said that the name would be out soon.
3:23 pm: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
3:05 pm: Anti-nuclear activist S P Udayakumar will be the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate from Kanyakumari as the party on Tuesday released its seventh list of 26 candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
2:30 pm: Some disgruntled BJP workers here today greeted party nominee for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat Kirron Kher with black flags when she arrived here.
1:55 pm: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Satyadev Katare on Tuesday said the Congress state unit has requested party high command to nominate senior leader Digvijay Singh for Lok Sabha polls from Vidisha seat.
1:25 pm: Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley was on Tuesday accorded a warm welcome upon reaching Amritsar, the constituency from where he will contest his first-ever parliamentary elections.
1:23 pm: Launching a scathing attack on Rahul Gandhi, Shiv Sena on Tuesday said the Congress vice president’s dream of victory in the Lok Sabha elections is like filling gas in balloons with holes.
1:17 pm: Aam Aadmi Party’s US chapter has launched a unique online platform that it expects to be a game changer in the upcoming general elections by tapping into popular support from inside and outside India.
1.10 pm: Former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and four-time MP on Tuesday filed his nomination papers for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat, polling for which will be held on April 10.
12:45 pm: DMK President M Karunanidhi will launch his 12-day election campaign for Lok Sabha elections from Coimbatore on April 5, the party announced on Tuesday.
12.25 pm: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi addresses rally in Arunachal Pradesh, takes credit for increased number of subsidised LPG cylinders.
12.16 pm: Former President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed’s son Pervez Ahmed will contest as a Trinamool Congress candidate from Barpeta Lok Sabha constituency in Assam.
12.06 pm: Aam Aadmi Party has releasesd the seventh list of 26 Lok Sabha candidates for 10 states and one UT, anti-nuclear activist Uday Kumar gets ticket from Kanyakumari.