# Aam Admi Party leader Kumar Vishwas today claimed that armed Congress workers attacked his supporters and damaged vehicles in Sindurva village under Kamrauli police station area.
“As I was proceeding to address an election meeting there, 20 to 25 Congress workers armed with lathis used foul language, clashed and attacked AAP workers including me,” he said.
“Around 15 AAP workers were injured and they are holding two workers hostage,” Vishwas said, alleging that they also indulged in teasing two to three female workers.
# A security guard at Samakhiali toll plaza on National Highway 8A in Kutch lodged a police complaint late on Thursday night alleging that a convoy of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) did not pay toll tax during the party chief Arvind Kerjiwal’s visit to the district. However, the party said it had instructions from police to not stop midway and hence could not pay the toll. The police rebutted the charges.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
# Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley tears into Kejriwal for his ‘media comments’.
# In his write-up ‘Why Blame the Supreme Court, Election Commission or the Media’ Jaitley says Kejriwal has evolved into a ‘demogogue’.
# “Arvind Kejriwal started as a populist. He has evolved into a demagogue. He can make allegations against anyone and everyone without any supporting evidence. He has little concern for the truth. He believes in repeating the falsehood several times. He convinces himself that facts manufactured by him are true. He looks at the mood of the mob before presenting his case. Such persons can be extremely dangerous for democratic institutions,” he writes.
READ FULL TEXT OF JAITLEY’S OPINION
# AAP leader Ashutosh takes to Twitter asking BEA to investigate “paid TV” and come out with truth instead of condemning Kejriwal.
Broadcast Editors Association sud investigate Paid TV and should come out with truth instead of condemning Kejariwal’s statement.#paidTV
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) March 14, 2014
# Broadcast Editors’ Association slams Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal for his comments on media, asks him to maintain sanity.
# It said any aggrieved person should approach the self regulatory institutions in media with specific complaints and evidence.
# “BEA condemns Arvind Kejriwal’s irresponsible statement on media. BEA believes that electronic media is discharging its responsibility in a fair and objective manner,” a statement released here said.
May I request my ex colleagues in BEA to stand up and save freedom of press and media and democracy from being crushed. #paidTV
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) March 14, 2014
I really don’t get AAP & Arvind Kejriwal’s criticism of the media. But for the blanket coverage he has received AAP wouldn’t exist today.
— Omar Abdullah (@abdullah_omar) March 14, 2014
# Arvind Kejriwal has alleged that the whole media is “sold” and “heavy amounts” have been paid to promote BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Narendra Modi. But he later denied having made the accusations against the media after his remarks came under attack from Congress, BJP and CPI.
# “Since the last one year, we have been told that Modi is here, Modi is there. Since one year, Modi has also been saying that. Even some TV channels have been saying that ‘Ram Rajya’ has come and corruption has vanished….”
# Labelled as an “anarchist” by his critics, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal has stated that his party is committed to function within the framework of Indian Constitution.
# Responding to the charge of being an anarchist leading elements with diverse ideologies lacking cohesiveness, Kejriwal said, “We can have people amongst us wedded to different ideologies but we are committed to the framework of the Indian Constitution.”
# The former Delhi chief minister said he would not like to be bound by ideological confines and does not believe in “isms” denoting political leanings.
# Yesterday BJP announced third list of 74 candidates for Lok Sabha elections.
# Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj to contest from Vidisha seat.
# SS Ahluwali to contest LS Elections on BJP seat from Darjeeling.