The Election Commission on Sunday sent a show cause notice to AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal for his alleged remarks against the Congress and BJP saying “ek bhi vote agar Congress ya BJP ko pada toh khuda ke saath, desh ke saath gaddari karoge”.
Noting that he violated provisions of the Model Code of Conduct, the EC asked Arvind Kejriwal to explain his stance on May 13, failing which EC will decide without reference to him.
The Election Commission also sent him a copy of the CD carrying his reported remarks. The notice read: “….The Commission is, prima facie, of the opinion that by making the….statements you have violated the provisions of the Model Code of Conduct.”
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
The Commission also reminded him that in accordance to the Model Code of Conduct there shall be no appeal to caste or communal feelings for securing votes.