The Election Commission on Sunday sent a show cause notice to AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal for his alleged remarks against the Congress and BJP saying “ek bhi vote agar Congress ya BJP ko pada toh khuda ke saath, desh ke saath gaddari karoge”.
Noting that he violated provisions of the Model Code of Conduct, the EC asked Arvind Kejriwal to explain his stance on May 13, failing which EC will decide without reference to him.
The Election Commission also sent him a copy of the CD carrying his reported remarks. The notice read: “….The Commission is, prima facie, of the opinion that by making the….statements you have violated the provisions of the Model Code of Conduct.”
The Commission also reminded him that in accordance to the Model Code of Conduct there shall be no appeal to caste or communal feelings for securing votes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More