Aimed to motivate voters to exercise their franchise and provide information on the polling process, the Election Commission has launched its own internet-based media arm called ‘Voter Education Channel’.
Numerous video clips featuring iconic personalities urging citizens to vote have been uploaded on the channel and can be viewed on social media platform ‘YouTube’.
While the first clip showcases a recorded speech of Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath asking voters to exercise their voting right, a number of other video links have sportpersons like M S Dhoni, Saina Nehwal and MC Mary Kom urging the young and the old to go for the most important right of an Indian citizen — that of the vote.
Sampath’s speech on the portal that was uploaded 22 hours back has so far recorded 794 hits while the media platform boasts of total hits of over 10,400.
Voters can also view videos of EC brand ambassadors such as former President A P J Abdul Kalam and actor Aamir Khan on the e-link.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The ‘YouTube’ link, tagged as ECI which stands for the Election Commission of India, also hosts a number of other messages recorded by various state Election Offices asking and motivating voters to exercise their franchise.
Some of the e-links of the unique ‘EC Channel’ give details about the procedures deployed to use the Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and their functioning while others detail about the NOTA option procedure.
“This is the official channel of the Election Commission of India headquartered at Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001,” the EC posted on the online media link.
The EC has also shared a link of this media arm on its official website –www.eci.nic.in– under the section ‘Voter Education Channel’. Many more features and video clips will be hosted on the channel in the near future, a senior EC official said.