- BJP deploys big guns as campaign enters last lap
- Poll campaign hit crescendo; Modi, Shah, Sonia, Kejriwal at rallies
- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
Election Commission issues notification for 2nd phase of polling in Odisha
Election Commission of India on Wednesday issued notification for the second phase of polls in 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats of Odisha on April 17.
The process of filing nomination papers has begun with notification for the second phase elections, said Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma.
“The candidates can file their nominations from 11 am to 3 pm from today up to March 26. The scrutiny of nomination papers would be held on March 27 while the last date for withdrawal nomination is on March 29,” she said.
However, there will be no nomination filing on government holidays, she said adding that polling of votes will take place from 7 am till 6 pm on April 17.
The 11 Lok Sabha seats under which voting will take place for Assembly elections along Parliamentary polls on April 17 are: Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Bhubaneswar.