Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today came down heavily on the Election Commission for serving notice on him over his rape remarks and barring senior party leader Azam Khan from addressing rallies, saying these actions were “violation of fundamental rights”.
“The EC has banned Azam from delivering speeches and campaigning… I have been given notice on a false case of insulting women… This is my insult… We respect women and had fought for it and went to jail many times… I have sent poor woman Phulan Devi to Parliament… The actions of EC are violation of fundamental rights,” Yadav said while addressing an election rally in Shahjahanpur district.
“No one can stop us from expressing our views… Due to EC action, there is resentment among people… SP is going to benefit from this,” Yadav added.
Attacking Congress, Yadav said there is an atmosphere of disappointment in the Congress camp and it has realised that it is going to face defeat in this polls.
“Congress has realised that the UPA government is not going to return (to power), due to this there is atmosphere of disappointment in its camp. Congress has betrayed the people due to which it is going to become weak. As Congress has become weak, a communal party like BJP has become strong in the country,” Mulayam told the rally.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Claiming the Third Front would form the next government at the Centre, Yadav said his Samajwadi Party would play a crucial role in its formation.