Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today came down heavily on the Election Commission for serving notice on him over his rape remarks and barring senior party leader Azam Khan from addressing rallies, saying these actions were “violation of fundamental rights”.
“The EC has banned Azam from delivering speeches and campaigning… I have been given notice on a false case of insulting women… This is my insult… We respect women and had fought for it and went to jail many times… I have sent poor woman Phulan Devi to Parliament… The actions of EC are violation of fundamental rights,” Yadav said while addressing an election rally in Shahjahanpur district.
“No one can stop us from expressing our views… Due to EC action, there is resentment among people… SP is going to benefit from this,” Yadav added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Attacking Congress, Yadav said there is an atmosphere of disappointment in the Congress camp and it has realised that it is going to face defeat in this polls.
“Congress has realised that the UPA government is not going to return (to power), due to this there is atmosphere of disappointment in its camp. Congress has betrayed the people due to which it is going to become weak. As Congress has become weak, a communal party like BJP has become strong in the country,” Mulayam told the rally.
Claiming the Third Front would form the next government at the Centre, Yadav said his Samajwadi Party would play a crucial role in its formation.