Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday alleged that SP and BJP were hand in glove with each other in communalising elections and sought a “ban” by the Election Commission on campaigning by leaders Narendra Modi and Amit Shah in Uttar Pradesh.
“The elections are deliberately being communalised by SP and BJP…Election commission should take cognisance of it and ban Modi and Shah in Uttar Pradesh”, Verma told reporters.
Mentioning Shah’s speech in Bijnore in which he termed Mulayam as “mullah Mulayam”, Verma said as Mulayam is scheduled to address rally in Muzaffarnagar and Modi in Aligarh on Sunday, and Shah deliberately made this statement preparing a “background” for their speeches.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“BJP and SP are hand in glove with each other in communalising elections..Shah made this statement so that Muslims could go with Samajwadi Party, while Hindus could support BJP”, he alleged.
Alleging Muzaffarnagar riots were “planned handiwork” of BJP and SP, Verma said,”After 84-Kosi parikrama failed in Ayodhya, SP and BJP planned Muzaffarnagar riots..As they wanted the communal atmosphere for elections”.
He also claimed that his ministry wanted to give Rs 10 crore cash to Muzaffarnagar riot victims and the cheque of the same was also ready but the “state government did not cooperate”.
“We (steel ministry) also wanted to build steel homes for riot victims, but the state government bulldozed the camps and removed victims staying there”, he alleged. Verma further alleged that sending Shah as in-charge of BJP UP, against whom serious cases are pending in the court, itself shows plans of BJP to “communalise” the elections.
“Against Shah serious cases are pending..He is out on bail..Sending in to UP as in-charge of the party itself shows designs of the party”, he said.
On 2002 Gujarat riots, the ministers alleged, “How can he (Modi) be innocent…He has been made a prime ministerial candidate to influence the SC Supreme Court)..but he will have to go to jail”.
Asking people to ignore media, which had given a lead to BJP in UP, Verma claimed that the next government at the Centre would be formed only by Congress.