Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday alleged that SP and BJP were hand in glove with each other in communalising elections and sought a “ban” by the Election Commission on campaigning by leaders Narendra Modi and Amit Shah in Uttar Pradesh.
“The elections are deliberately being communalised by SP and BJP…Election commission should take cognisance of it and ban Modi and Shah in Uttar Pradesh”, Verma told reporters.
Mentioning Shah’s speech in Bijnore in which he termed Mulayam as “mullah Mulayam”, Verma said as Mulayam is scheduled to address rally in Muzaffarnagar and Modi in Aligarh on Sunday, and Shah deliberately made this statement preparing a “background” for their speeches.
“BJP and SP are hand in glove with each other in communalising elections..Shah made this statement so that Muslims could go with Samajwadi Party, while Hindus could support BJP”, he alleged.
Alleging Muzaffarnagar riots were “planned handiwork” of BJP and SP, Verma said,”After 84-Kosi parikrama failed in Ayodhya, SP and BJP planned Muzaffarnagar riots..As they wanted the communal atmosphere for elections”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also claimed that his ministry wanted to give Rs 10 crore cash to Muzaffarnagar riot victims and the cheque of the same was also ready but the “state government did not cooperate”.
“We (steel ministry) also wanted to build steel homes for riot victims, but the state government bulldozed the camps and removed victims staying there”, he alleged. Verma further alleged that sending Shah as in-charge of BJP UP, against whom serious cases are pending in the court, itself shows plans of BJP to “communalise” the elections.
“Against Shah serious cases are pending..He is out on bail..Sending in to UP as in-charge of the party itself shows designs of the party”, he said.
On 2002 Gujarat riots, the ministers alleged, “How can he (Modi) be innocent…He has been made a prime ministerial candidate to influence the SC Supreme Court)..but he will have to go to jail”.
Asking people to ignore media, which had given a lead to BJP in UP, Verma claimed that the next government at the Centre would be formed only by Congress.