The Election Commission has sought a report from Union Ministry for Civil Aviation into BJP’s complaint about a conspiracy behind delay in the flights of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
When asked about delay in providing helicopter to Modi to reach Delhi and Rai Barelley, Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath said, “complaint has been received and we have already asked for a factual report from the Civil Aviation Ministry. Definitely action will be taken.”
He also assured to look into a formal complaint, if made, about UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s meeting with Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari. Replying to a question about BJP’s charge that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s meeting with Bukhari was Congress’s ploy to spread the seeds of communalism during the ongoing campaign of Lok Sabha polls, Sampath said, “In such matters we take cognizance on receipt of a complaint.” “We should be awaiting that and as soon as we receive that, it will be definitely examined and further action taken,” he added.
Sampath had come here to review preparations for conduct of Lok Sabha polls in Jammu and Kashmir. He held meetings with officials and also leaders of contesting parties and sought their views about the poll arrangements.
Referring to opposition parties complaint about officials being discriminatory in removal of posters and banners of ruling parties from public walls, he said that instructions have been issued to officials for acting fairly in the matter. Without naming state’s Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo, he also admitted having received complaint about a party leader along with workers trying to intimidate a voter.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More