The Election Commission (EC) has ordered repolling in five polling stations under Sanis Assembly constituency in Wokha District to be held on May 15, Returning Officer for Lok Sabha elections in Nagaland, Temjen Toy said here today.
The RO said EC declared repoll for the five polling stations which went to polls on April 9. The polling stations are 39/10-Lakhuti-I, 39/11-Lakhuti-II, 39/13-Lakhuti-IV, 39/36-Lakhuti-VII and 39/37-Lakhuti-VIII. Repolling would be held on May 15 (Thursday) between 7 AM and 4 PM, he said.
Meanwhile, the ruling Naga People’s Front (NPF) lodged a complaint with the EC against the decision of repolling. In the complaint, NPF secretary general K G Kenye said the repoll has been ordered despite the positive report of “free and fair” elections by the presiding officers and the Deputy Commissioner (DC) of Wokha.
The repoll had been ordered on “mere allegations” of the Congress, Kenye said adding it was a clear violation of the standard procedures and needed to be revoked.
The party said high voter turnout in the state also exemplified the fact that people of Nagaland have further contributed towards strengthening of democracy.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
If people’s participation was questioned and nullified, the reaction might result in “unwanted circumstances” and hinder the democratic process in future, the NPF warned.